You may think that car detailing has more to do with making your vehicle look nice than anything else. And the fact is that after you’ve had your car detailed, it will look amazing and you will most likely feel like a million bucks when you drive it. But the truth is that regular car detailing can actually save you quite a bit of money as well.
What is car detailing?
Car detailing involves more than your standard car wash with an automated system. It is hand done by experienced car detailers who clean your car inside and out. It includes vacuuming, waxing and degreasing. Detailers thoroughly clean various parts of your car including the interior, windows, tires and more.
What does car detailing involve?
Car detailing is extremely… well, detailed! Every effort is made to ensure that your car feels new and sparkly! Among the tasks performed during a detail include:
- Vacuuming of seats, headliners and trunks.
- Steam cleaning and brushing of carpets and mats.
- Glass cleaning.
- Leather trimming and conditioning.
- Deodorizing to leave a clean, fresh smell.
- Hand washing and drying of exterior including car rims and door jambs.
- Polishing and waxing.
- Other services as needed such as trim repainting, engine pressure cleaning, glass chip repair and headlight polishing.
How can car detailing save you money?
- Makes your car last longer – when you get your car detailed, it removes contaminants that can be damaging to your car’s paint, chrome, and interior. Even if you are planning to sell your car in a year or two, by having it detailed regularly, you’ll be able to retain more of its value and likely will be able to sell it for a higher price.
- Helps your engine to run cooler – part of your detailing includes the engine being cleaned from dust, dirt and leaks. This helps ensure that your engine runs more smoothly and reduces the likelihood that expensive repairs will be necessary. Furthermore, since your engine is running more efficiently, you will get better gas mileage.
- Protects your paint job – every day that you drive your car is subjected to dirt and debris that can scratch the paint. A fresh coat of wax, however, will not only restore your car’s shine, but it will also help protect the paint job from those scratches.
- Reduces chances of getting into an accident – one thing that can make car ownership very expensive is getting into an accident. In addition to repairs, an accident can cause your insurance rates to go up. When your car is detailed, headlights are restored making you more visible to other drivers on the road. Also, haze is removed from your windshield which allows you to see more easily. Combined, these factors help to reduce the likelihood of accidents.
If you would like your car to look and feel like new again and if you would like to save yourself some money in the process, then be sure to have your car detailed regularly.
To schedule a detailing, contact Waterdown Collision today.